The Importance of Roof Inspections in Memphis, TN
We’ve Been Inspecting Homes for More than a Decade
Roof inspections are a must if you’re buying or selling a home, but did you know you should also have your roof inspected regularly? Having a professional take a look at your roof will ensure it’s in sound condition and will also catch potential problems early, so you can get them fixed before they get worse. The team at Huntingdon O’Neill Roofing is here to complete this task and help you understand the importance of roof inspections in Memphis, TN. Should we find any issues with your roof, we are here to provide roofing repairs, as well as regular maintenance. Reach out to us today to schedule your roof inspection.
Why Do I Need to Have My Roof Inspected?
You may be wondering if a roof inspection is necessary. But the truth is having your roof looked at by a professional ensures it’s in sound condition and is ready to protect your home for many more years. Though you can complete visual inspections yourself, nothing beats the trained eye of a roofing specialist. Our team may be able to discover subtle damage you would never have noticed, but that could cause significant problems for your family. Let us take a look, and you’ll enjoy the following benefits:
- Prevent Costly Problems: A yearly inspection of your roof will spot any potential problems before they have time to develop into larger issues that require repairs. Dealing with the small problems now will save you money in the long run.
- Peace of Mind: It’s always a good feeling knowing that your home is in good condition. A roof inspection will give you that. Even if the results of the examination aren’t great, you’ll now know what is wrong and how you can fix it, instead of being left to guess.
- Easier Insurance Claims: If damage has occurred to your roof, the best way to streamline the insurance claims process is to have it inspected by a professional. This will give the insurance company all the information they need to process the claim because a roofer will know exactly what type of repairs you’ll need to fix the damage.
- Professional Expertise: Many homeowners believe if they are visually inspecting their roof from time to time, they’ll be able to catch any problems on their own. However, it’s best to have a trained professional take a look. This will ensure no warning signs are missed.
We Have a Thorough Roof Inspection Checklist
At Huntingdon O’Neill Roofing, we’re here to ensure your roof is in the best shape. That’s why we do a complete evaluation of your roof when you hire us for an inspection. You can count on us to be thorough, so you get a clear picture of the condition of your roof. When we’re done, you’ll know the current status of your roofing materials, if there are any possible repairs needed, whether there are any conditions that may cause problems in the future, and an estimated time of how much longer your roof may last. We’ll come to these conclusions by going through the following checklist:
- Structural Inspection: We’ll look for uneven roof planes, as well as any signs of sagging. We’ll also inspect the soffit, fascia, and gutters.
- Material Inspection: We’ll take a closer look at the roofing material, looking for any missing, broken, or damaged shingles or tiles. Our team will take note of any excessive wear that may signal your roof needs a replacement.
- Workmanship Inspection: We’ll ensure proper workmanship was used during the installation of roofing and that all flashing around vents, skylights, and chimneys was done correctly.
How Often Do I Need a Roof Inspection?
At a minimum, your roof should be inspected once a year by a qualified professional. It’s also a good idea to get an inspection after any significant storms. Just because you can’t see any damage from the ground doesn’t mean that there aren’t any problems. A trained professional has the eye to spot areas of concern. The best time of year to schedule a roof inspection is in the fall season before cold weather arrives. Low temperatures can worsen existing problems. Not to mention, it’s very difficult to complete repairs in the winter. Let us do your annual inspection before the cold weather arrives.
We’ll Determine When You Need a Roof Replacement
Perhaps the most vital information you’ll gain from a roof inspection is an estimate of when your roof will need a replacement. Our trained technicians know how to spot signs of wear that signal how much longer your roof has before it’s reached the end of its life. This will give you the appropriate time to plan and budget for a new roof. That means no surprise bills for you! Please contact us today to request an inspection at your home.
WHY CHOOSE US?
- On Time All the Time
- Family owned and operated
- We Operate with Integrity and Honesty
- We Stand Behind Our Quotes
- We Offer 5 year Workmanship Warranties on Roof Tear Offs
- We Offer 3 Year Workmanships Warranties on All Roof Layovers